• General Questions
  • Contract & Payment
  • After Sales
  • Is there a fee that I must pay for Replus-Benchmark service for finding my home?

    We do not charge our customers any commissions or agent fees at any stage of the processes of obtaining the house (finding, negotiating and signing the lease contract). Additional services may incur costs, but never until the delivery of such service.

    When should I start the house hunting process?

    We suggest that you start searching one or two months before your desired lease commencement date.If you start house hunting too early, generally landlords will not agree to hold their properties for you, thus diminishing the chance of negotiating the best lease rates for you.

    Are most of the properties furnished in Beijing?

    Yes. Most of the properties are furnished. However, some landlords can be flexible to remove part or all the furniture while somelandlords may refuse to remove any furniture simply because it is too much trouble to find someplace to store them. In some newly developed compounds, you may also request that the landlorddecorate the property according to your taste, such as purchasing the furniture together with the landlord or simply receiving a furniture allowance to buy the furniture by yourself.

    What is usually provided in a fully furnished property?

    Electrical appliances (such as TV,refrigerator,oven,microwave,washing machine,dryer),furniture (bed,sofa,coffee table,dining table,dining chair,desk and etc.),curtains or blinds.

    What details should I consider about my apartment before signing the lease?

    Although your ideal apartment might make you want to move in tomorrow, you still need to check some details to ensure a comfortable stay. Does the heating/air-conditioning system work properly? Do ceilings or floors crack? Don’t be afraid to raise these issues within reason. This being said, it is important that these matters are handled delicately so as to avoid making the negotiations confrontational. Often times, a conflict at this stage will put the landlords off entirely. It is best to draw up any reasonable requests and ask your property consultant to work on them. It is important to know if your landlord is reasonable and responsive to any legitimate concerns. Although price may be a big factor in your housing decision, you should consider that a willing landlord can make your stay more pleasant.

    What is the typical lease term?

    One year lease is very common. However,lots of landlords prefer longer lease, especially if you have requests for specific furniture or renovations. If you have a one year lease, you may face rental increase or decrease when you negotiate renewal upon lease expiry. We suggest you talk to your property consultant to evaluate the pros and cons before you make the decision on lease term.

    What fees can be included in the rent?

    Normally the property management fee is included in the rent, other fees are negotiable, such as gym membership fee, heating fee, satellite TV fee, parking fee, internet installation and usage fee, utility allowance and etc.

    How much is the Security Deposit and when is it paid?

    The deposit is paid within several days upon signing the lease agreement. The common market practice is for you to pay 2 months’ rent as security deposit if the rent is payable on a monthly basis. If you will pay rent on a quarterly basis, the deposit is usually 1 month’s rent, however, some landlords will insist on 2 months’ rent regardless of rent payment terms. Currently there is a strong trend that corporate clients are using Bank Guarantee Letter as security deposit instead of paying cash deposit. Some landlords will accept this depending on who the corporate client is, while other landlords will not. Your property consultant will work with you to obtain the best terms possible.

    How do I pay for my rent?

    Payment is usually done through a bank transfer either from your foreign account or from your Chinese account. Some Landlords will accept cash and this may be more convenient for the first payment. We will be on hand to help you with this process.

    What is Fapiao and do I need it?

    Fapiao is an official tax receipt in China which is issued by the local tax authorities. Corporate clients always require Fapiao for tax clearance, but for a personal lease, it may not be necessary unless your company needs it for accounting purposes.

    Do I need to go to the police to register for temporary residence upon move in?

    Yes,it is the law that all foreigners are required to register their address within 24 hours. Furthermore the registration is required for many documentation including any visa extensions (except tourists visa).

    How do I pay my utilities (such as water, gas & electricity) and phone/internet?

    Upon check-in, the landlord will hand you the cards for water, gas and electricity, your property consultant will explain to you how to use them. 

    Water: For cold water, you can pay the bill by Wechat or Alipay, for hot water and recyled water,  you can pay upon receiving the bill from the property management office. 

    Gas: Charge the card at the Beijing Bank or the property management office. 

    Electricity:You can pay by Wechat or Alipay. 

    Phone/Internet:You can pay by Wechat or Alipay or the supplier APP.

    Again, these will all be explained in detail upon check-in for your particular property.

    If I have any problems during my tenancy who do I speak to?

    Generally, if there are any repair and maintenance issues, you will first call the property management office to seek help.However, if you don’t speak Chinese or if the management office fails to solve the problem, our property consultant will coordinate between the landlord and the management office to help you solve the problem.We will always be there to help you throughout your lease term.

    View more >